Yoga for hips and thighs is one way to reduce fat in your hips and thighs. These easy yoga poses can also help you build up muscles and tone them to slim you down over time.
Due to sedentary lifestyles and lack of exercise, you accumulate fat in your hips and thighs region.
Practicing yoga poses to reduce hip and thigh fat regularly will help you reduce fat in these areas by strengthening your muscles.
How do these yoga for hips and thighs work?
Yoga has been proven to be beneficial in reducing fat at the hips and thighs. Yoga helps to burn fat by increasing your heart rate and metabolic rate while strengthening your core muscles.
Thick layers of visceral fat around the abdomen are also reduced by doing yoga for hips and thighs. These easy yoga poses to reduce hip and thigh fat helps you by…
Strengthening your muscle
Yoga for hips and thighs improves your muscle strength. These easy poses involve muscle stretching and compression which help in weight loss.
Additionally, fat is used as fuel during muscle activity and leads to weight loss.
Stimulating your liver
Yoga asanas mentioned in yoga for hips and thighs help to stimulate the internal organs and liver.
Moreover, your liver is responsible for the detoxification (cleansing) of the body. And it also helps to purify the blood and get rid of harmful metabolic wastes and toxins.
Additionally, a healthy liver helps by eliminating bad fats from the body and utilizes the good fats for energy production.
These easy poses massage and stimulate the vital organ (liver) and keeps it functioning optimally hence fat loss is aided.
Boosting Nervous System
As stress is one of the major reasons for fat accumulation at a faster rate. Moreover, stress means a disturbed emotional state, and this may cause you to eat more during stressful times.
Additionally, stress causes the production of Cortisol hormone which in turn triggers hunger and accumulation of fat around the stomach and thighs.
Yoga for hips and thighs helps to strike a balance between (Flight and fight response) Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Nervous systems.
And these easy yoga poses help to relieve anxiety and stress and promote holistic health by keeping stress hormones and BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) in check thus weight loss is appropriately regulated.
Stimulates Thyroid Gland functioning
Yoga poses help to activate the Thyroid Gland function that is responsible for controlling your metabolism. These yoga for hips and thighs helps to correct thyroid dysfunction and helps in burning fat at a better rate.
Yoga triggers the nerves because of the systematic stretching, and this generates body heat. Additionally, the warmth generated by doing yoga poses helps in mobilizing and burning the visceral and stored subcutaneous fat.
14 Easy yoga poses to reduce hip and thigh fat
These yoga for hips and thighs are the best holistic approach to burn excess fat and gain strength and peace of mind.
Here is our list of 14 yoga for hips and thighs…
1. Chair Pose or Utkatasana
This yoga for hips and thighs helps to work the muscles in your legs, particularly the hips and thighs region.
In this asana you need to sit on an imaginary chair, so your muscles are exerted as they hold the fort for your body.
Additionally, when your body weight rests on your legs, especially on hips and thighs, this helps to tone, build, and reinforce your muscles.
- To start, get in an erect standing position and bend your knees tenderly while lowering your glutes.
- By now, your posture should seem like you are sitting in a chair.
- Now, inhale and extend your arms over your head.
- Hold the pose for a few minutes while breathing normally.
- Then release and relax
2. Warrior Pose or Virabhadrasana
This easy yoga poses to reduce hip and thigh fat (Warrior Pose) is an effective yoga pose on how to lose thigh fat for women.
Additionally, this yoga poses to reduce hips thighs, and glutes on the legs target the inner thighs.
- From a standing position extend your legs to be more than hip-width apart.
- Face your toes outward while turning your right heels.
- Now, position your body using your left heel and align it with your right foot.
- Get your hips lower and then exude your energy while stretching out your arms to be aligned with your shoulders.
- make your gaze forward and maintain your pose and breath normally.
- Hold the pose for 1-2 min and repeat on the other side.
3. Lord Of The Dance Pose or Natarajasana
This yoga for hips and thighs strengthens the legs as the body balances on one leg. Moreover, your pelvis, feet, every muscle in your leg is toned and stretched.
Additionally, your hips are opened up and release the energy blocks in the legs hence increases blood flow.
- From a standing position, take your right leg and swing it behind until it is parallel to the ground and then bend the knees.
- Now, stretch back your right hands and extend so that you’re pulling your right leg towards your body.
- Get your left arms stretched forward.
- Hold there for a few seconds and then repeat for the other side.
4. Crescent Moon Pose or Anjaneyasana
These easy yoga poses to reduce hip and thigh fat, stretches, strengthens, tone, and relieve tension in your quadriceps. In addition, it also strengthens and tones your hamstrings, hip joints, and glutes.
- To Start get into the downward-facing dog pose.
- Get your right foot in between your hands and lower your left knee to the floor.
- Now, place the top of your left foot on the floor and ensure your right knee is bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Breath in as you lift your spine upwards, stretch your arms up to the ceiling in line with your ears and join your palms in namaste mudra.
- Now, bend your head slightly backward and lookup.
- Stay there for 6-9 breaths and then repeat with the left foot.
5. Goddess pose or Utkata Konasana
This yoga for hips and thighs strengthens the abs, knees, legs, and calves–and also stimulates your pelvic floor.
- To start, place your feet 3 – 4 feet apart.
- Turn your toes outwards, to about 45 -90 degrees depending on your compatibility.
- Now, breathe in and lengthen your spine.
- Breath out and bend your knees and lower your hip down into a wide squat.
- Get your palms together in front of your chest in namaskar mudra.
- Hold there for 7-12 breaths and repeat a few rounds of this.
6. Locust pose or salabhasana
This easy yoga posture that reduces thigh fat is an effective yoga to reduce thighs in 2 weeks while targeting the posterior spine and the glutes.
Moreover, this yoga for thighs and hips reduction helps in strengthening your legs and boosting the blood flow.
This is effective yoga and targets your posterior spine while adding ‘lifting’ capabilities in the legs and toning or shaping up the glutes. Additionally, this also works on many other parts of your body.
- To start, Lie back on your belly.
- Now, lift your legs from the mat to your hips.
- Get your arms extended behind you and lift your chest from the floor.
- Now, lift your chin upward and look forward.
- Hold the pose while breathing normally for 30-90sec.
7. Camel Pose or Ustrasana
This yoga for hips and thighs brilliantly opens your pectoral muscles and gives strength to the hip flexors.
Additionally, it helps to expand the pectoral muscle while toning the frontal thighs.
- To start, be seated in an upright position.
- Now, lift your hips and raise your body and make your hip muscles at a 90-degree angle to your calf muscles.
- Expand your chest and gently lean back.
- And extend your arms to the soles, ensuring that your arms are stretched.
- Now, hang your head gradually as you look at the back.
- Note there should be no unpleasant feeling in your lumbar spine area.
- Hold the pose for 60-90 sec and breadth normally.
8. Garland Pose or Malasana
Now, this is another easy pose on how to lose thigh fat for women that target the legs, hips, and thighs.
Additionally, this is the yoga to reduce thighs and stomach equally, it improves blood circulation and guarantees a good stretch in your hips and thighs.
- To start, come to a squat position.
- Keep your shoulder apart and your glutes off the floor.
- Now, join your palms at the center, and dig your elbows heavily on the inner side of the knees.
- Push your knees outward with your elbows far apart.
- Hold the pose for at least 8-12 breaths while breathing normally.
9. Butterfly Pose or Baddha konasana
This is easy yoga poses to reduce hip and thigh fat, it helps in reducing thighs while increasing your hips movement for flexibility.
Additionally, this yoga targets your hips, glutes, and thighs.
- To start, sit down on the floor with your legs stretched out.
- Get your knees in the folded position, and take your feet to the midpoint.
- Now, join your feet, and set straight back.
- Hold your feet with the help of your arms.
- Push your knees down and like a butterfly flap, to the ground.
- Do this for 3-4 minutes.
10. Head to Knee Pose or Janu Sirsasana
This easy yoga poses to reduce hip and thigh fat is effective on how to lose thigh fat for women.
Moreover, it increases the litheness in the hamstrings and tones the thighs and hip joints.
Yoga instruction for this yoga for hips and thighs
- Start with sitting in Dandasana.
- Now get your left knee in a way that permits the left foot to touch the right thigh.
- Stretch your arms up, lengthen your torso, and reach out and grab your foot with your arms while breathing in.
- Try to touch your nose to your knees if possible.
- Note make sure to keep your back straight when performing this yoga pose.
11. Boat Pose or Navasana
This yoga for hips and thighs is an effective yoga to reduce thighs in 2 weeks.
Additionally, it generates deep core energy that helps to improve blood circulation and strengthens your legs, while toning your muscles and eliminating fat in the thigh area.
- To start, Sit in Dandasana with your legs lifted off the ground while keeping your knees bent.
- Start to lift your hands off the floor, and stretch them out in front of you.
- Now start creating a ‘V’ with your upper and lower body.
- Breadth normally and hold this easy yoga pose for 30-90sec.
12. Bridge Pose or Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
This bridge posture yoga poses is amazing on how to lose thigh fat for women. Additionally, this yoga for hips and thighs works by improving blood circulation.
And, the raised hip position with this yoga helps to reduce thighs and stomach while executing a superior stretch and toning of muscles.
- To start, Lie flat on your back, with the legs curved at the knees.
- Now, lift your hips and back off the floor gently.
- Make your shoulders roll inward and stretch out your arms so that they reach your feet.
- Breathing long and deep, hold the pose for 60-90 seconds and release.
13. Lizard pose or utthan pristhasana
This easy yoga poses to reduce hip and thigh fat strengthens your shoulders, muscles, arms, and chest, and works on your glutes and thighs.
- To start, get into the downward-facing dog pose.
- Breadth in and bring your right foot forward to the outside edge of your right palm, coming into an extended lunge position.
- Get lower down your hips, keeping your arms straight and spine flat and lengthened.
- If you are comfortable here only then slowly lower onto your forearms.
- Now, press onto the ball of your left foot as you straighten up your left leg.
- Stay there for 30 seconds and then repeat on the other side.
14. Happy Baby Pose or Ananda Balasana
This easy yoga pose basically targets your hips and thighs. And on the issue of how to lose thigh fat, this works on your hip joint, back muscles, and hamstrings.
- To start, lie down on your back.
- Now, lift your legs from the floor and bend them at the knees
- Get your arms stretched out and maintain the arches of your feet.
- Now, stretch out your legs as well using the hold of your hands.
- Get your knees to bend and flex them while maintaining the pose.
- Hold there while flexing for a few seconds.
This list of yoga for hips and thighs consists of many different yoga poses that will burn fat in your hips and thighs.
Moreover, it’s important to do the poses in the correct form.
These easy yoga poses to reduce hip and thigh fat will help you lose fat, which is associated with obesity and related diseases, by strengthening the muscles around the hips and thighs.