Anti aging yoga poses are the natural ways to maintain the health and longevity of your body. Who doesn’t want to look younger, healthier, and more beautiful forever? However, in a world where people live poor lives and the environment is full of dust and pollution, premature aging can occur.
Premature aging not only damages your skin, but it also affects your organs, making them unhealthy.
However, if you are someone who is looking for a way to stay healthy and highly motivated even after your 30’s and 40’s. Then, these Anti aging yoga poses will help you with that.
Can anti aging yoga reverse aging?
There is growing biological evidence suggesting that anti aging yoga can slow down and even reverse the harmful effects of accelerated aging or stress at the physical level.
In addition, in a study, researchers found that 12 weeks of yoga slowed cellular aging.
7 Best Anti Aging Yoga Poses
Yoga practice is one of the best ways to keep your body fit and healthy. It not only cures complex diseases but also strengthens and activates the mind. Moreover, it is like food for the soul, mind, and body and heals you naturally.
Here are the 7 best yoga poses for anti aging.
1. Tree pose or Vrikshasana
This anti aging yoga strengthens your glutes, feet, and abs and also improves your balance.
How to do
- To start, stand straight with your feet together and arms on the side.
- Get your hands to the prayer position and place your left foot on the inner side of the right thigh.
- Then, inhale and raise your arms above your head.
- Stay in this position for 15 seconds and then come back to the original position.
- Now, repeat this asana with your other leg.
2. Warrior pose or Virabhadrasana
This yoga pose for anti aging will tone your glutes, calves, and knees. Moreover, it also strengthens and stretches your back and thighs.
How to do
- To start, stand straight and keep your feet wide apart.
- Get your right foot pointing inward and left foot, outward.
- Now, bend your left knee and stretch out your arm and look at your left arm.
- Hold this pose for ten-second and come back to the original position.
- Repeat this on the right side also a total of five times on each side.
3. Forward bend or Hastapadasana
This anti aging yoga will stretch your body and warm up your muscles and joints. Additionally, will provide your back a good stretch.
How to do
- To start, stand straight with both your feet together.
- Get your knees slightly bent, arms by your side and your toes forward.
- Then, inhale and raise your arms slowly above your head.
- Now, exhale and bend forward and make sure that you are bending from your hips.
- And, let your extended arms touch the ground.
- Hold this pose for 10-15 seconds and return to the original position and do this asana five times.
4. Seated twist or Bharadvajasana
These anti aging yoga asanas will tone your abs, reduce double chin and improve flexibility.
How to do
- To start, sit on the ground with your legs crossed.
- Now, get your left hand on your right knee and your right hand behind you on the floor.
- Then, twist your body and look back.
- Hold the pose for 10 seconds and then return to the original position.
Repeat this on the other side and perform for a total of 5 times.
5. Downward dog pose or Adho Mukha Svanasana
This anti aging yoga pose will improve your blood circulation, flexibility and will help strengthen the spine.
How to do
- To start, stand straight and get your feet apart.
- Then, bend forward and keep your hands on the floor.
- Now, your body will form an inverted “V”.
- Remember to keep your core engaged and head hanging.
- Hold this pose for 10-20 seconds and return to the original position and repeat this 5 times.
6. Sirsasana or yoga Headstand
This anti aging yoga asana is very popular due to its multiple health benefits. Moreover, it is an inverted yoga pose and must be done under the guidance of a yoga instructor. This yogasana will speed up blood circulation and ensure that the brain receives sufficient, well-oxygenated blood.
Additionally, its 5 minutes daily practice will help in keeping your eyes, face, neck healthy along with getting rid of wrinkles.
How to do
- To start, sit in the Vajrayana position (kneel and sit on your legs).
- Then widen your knees slightly and place your elbows parallel to your shoulders on the mat or blanket firmly, keeping your arms extended.
- Now, interlock the fingers and place the crown of your head on the mat or blanket, supporting it with the interlocked fingers.
- Then, lift your knees and shoulder blades off the floor gradually.
- Now, in this position, bring your feet closer to your face such that your head and back are in a straight line and your thighs are placed against your stomach.
- Then, lift one leg up, followed by the other, or gradually, try lifting both legs simultaneously.
- Remember if you are unable to do it, use the wall for support by lifting your legs and placing them against it.
- Now, when you learn to lift the legs without support, lift them further above your head and extend them.
- Hold this pose for up to 5 min and release by lowering down the legs.
7. Simhasana or Lion pose
Yoga poses for anti aging reduces tension on the face and chest area and enhance the functioning of a sluggish thyroid gland.
Moreover, stimulates the platysma (a flat thin muscle in front of the throat) and helps maintain its firmness during the aging process. Additionally, it helps you in removing wrinkles and delays the aging process.
How to do
- To start, sit in Vajrasana and spread your knees.
- Get your spine straight and as relaxed as possible.
- Now, the fingers of your hands should face backward and be kept straight in between your legs.
- Then, inhale and take out your tongue and try to look between the eyebrows, and exhale.
- Remember to roar like a lion during exhaling (Roaring sound “Haa”).
- Then, after roaring, hold the pose for 15 to 30 sec.
- And, repeat this process about 4 to 6 times.
Anti aging yoga poses improve blood circulation and restore radiance to your skin by reducing stress. Additionally, it keeps your organs healthy and safe from all the junk you eat during the day.
Interestingly, the more you practice anti aging yoga, the younger and healthier you look. The specific poses will slow down the aging process and make your body look younger.
So, try them all or incorporate a few of them into your yoga routine along with that stay hydrated, get enough proper sleep, and be active to get the desired result.